Route Finding Applied



>> Saturday, July 17, 2010

Now that I implemented a simple route-finding agent, I thought I would try to apply it to a real-world situation: the shortest route to my office.

I created a new map that looks like this:
My house is at node "P" and work is node "A." The weights are based on the distance and speed limits and are basically the amount of time in minutes * 10 (just to get some rounded numbers).

To my surprise, the shortest route is not the route I typically take to work. The path ended up being:

P -> O -> N -> M -> L -> K -> J -> I -> D -> C -> B -> A
I will have to try this new route on the way to work on Monday!

This does not take into account things like stoplights, which I'm sure will have an effect on the overall time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP